April 7, 2017
How To Make A Spring Bouquet
Spring, spring, spring, we love spring! When you walk out the door on a fine spring morning, it’s like the world has changed overnight. Suddenly everywhere is brighter, more colourful and just breath taking. The grumpiest man alive will crack a smile and find solace when he sees the astonishing view.
It always looks so easy to make a flower bouquet, but getting it right might seem like rocket science. So, grab a vase and join us! We’re making a simple dry bouquet.
What You Need
Here are the things you will need:
- Flowers and foliage
- Decorative paper
- Sticky tape
- Pair of scissors (preferably florist scissors).
Making the Bouquet
As a base, you can use floral foam or nothing at all! We’ll be using light and bright shades of flowers.
- Start by arranging four small bunches and tie each of them up with garden string.
- When you’re done with that, put all four arrangements together and tie them all up with string.
- Trim or cut the stems according to the length you like.
- Wrap the bottom of the bouquet with cellophane.
- Tape around the top of the cellophane to secure it.
- Wrap the stem of the flowers, leaving some bare, with the decorative paper.
- Secure with the decorative ribbon or string.
An Idea of the kind of flowers you need could be: daisies, tulips, pansies, blood roots, lilacs, iris, daffodils or roses. Foliage that adds to the beauty and thickness of the piece that you’re making are: lambs ear, magnolia leaf, fatsia leaf, or eucalyptus. The flowers and foliage can be anything you fancy; these are just ideas.
Voila! You have an easy bouquet at hand. You could pour in some water which will not leak out because of the cellophane paper at the bottom or just leave it like that and place it in a vase. Give it a try ladies and gents, most of you are probably running to the local florists right now. Gents, she might fall even harder for you.
Now that we’ve seen spring, why don’t you join us on our 5 Reel Slots here on Lucky Pants Bingo! Of course, we have a large variety of slots, and we can’t choose for you, that would be boring! So here we’ve got some special 5 Reel Slots, Spring themed just for you! You can check out Spring Break, 99Time, Unicorn Bliss, In Bloom and Secret Garden, of course you will find different features.