CHOOSE A TIME
Contrary to popular belief, dates don’t always have to be in the evening. We know, we know! Most people like to go out for a nice dinner or watch a movie, but the great thing about a virtual date is that you can do it at any time. Although, always remember that there could be a time difference if your date lives in another country, so be sure to check on that.
The time of day you set will have an impact on the type of date you’re likely to have. You could go for a mimosa-and-brunch vibe if you’re both into mornings, or a lunch date with a couple of pints, or perhaps an evening do that’s a bit fancier. This all depends on what you and your lucky date will prefer, so have a chat with them beforehand, and figure out which time suits you both.
TREAT IT LIKE A FIRST DATE
We know we’ve all become accustomed to the standard “homebody” attire of sweatpants and no bra by this stage, but you really need to kick off the (non)activewear and put on something to please yourself. Dress like you would if you were going on a first date in person. Remember: look good; feel good! Now, we don’t expect you to wear a tuxedo or little black number necessarily, but just something that’s comfortable, flatters you, and shows the other person that you’ve taken the time to polish up a little.
ACTIVITIES TO HELP YOU GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER
As with any first date, there’s bound to be a little awkwardness and a few silent moments; this is heightened by the fact you’re both sitting at separate screens, miles away from each other, with no distractions.
Have no fear, though! There are a few things that you can do to get to know each other better. Here are some lighthearted, fun activities that might spark your imagination:
- 35 Questions: Asking questions is a great way to learn more about one another, and what’s great is that you can go as deep as you’d like – or just stay on the surface until a later date. You can come up with your own questions for intimacy, such as “What is your favorite sound, smell and feeling?”, or “If you could live anywhere in the world and not have to work for money, where would you live, what would you do and why?” Questions are a great way to start a conversation, avoid awkward silences and to get to know the other person. (Just don’t get too nosy or it might end up sounding like an interview!)
- Spotify lists: Dating someone who is completely different from you when it comes to music tastes can be quite something. If you’re a heavy-metal fan and they’re into opera, there could be a few things between you that just don’t work. Share some Spotify playlists, play some songs, see what you have in common and go from there.
- Compare your personality types: There are tonnes of free personality tests online, but a really great one is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which gives you insight into a whole range of different personality aspects. You could go through it together, and it will help to give you both a better understanding of each other.
- Find out your love language: If you’re interested in this kind of thing, then finding out each other’s love language by doing an online test could be a great activity. There are plenty of free online tests for the “five love languages”. This will give you insight into how the other person needs to be loved to feel fulfilled.
GET IN ON THE FOOD AND DRINKS
If you think a date is complete without food and drinks, then you may as well crawl back to the rock you’ve been hiding under. Of course, dates are about experiences, but no matter what you do, you’re bound to have some sort of food and drink involved.
Here are a couple of cool ideas to get you started:
- Home delivery: If you live in the same area code or just love a certain type of food, then you should coordinate your meals and timings, and get the same type of thing delivered. Take this up a notch by getting a special meal delivered to the person you are going on a date with.
- Cook your own in a masterclass: If there’s one thing we learned in 2020, it was that you can do almost everything with a little WiFi. Book a class, such as pasta making or something that you’re both interested in, learn how to make your meal from a professional chef, and then enjoy it together on your virtual date afterwards.
- Learn how to make fancy cocktails: If you want to take your date’s (and your) drinks to the next level, then book a cocktail-making class. Get your hands on the ingredients beforehand, and enjoy a class where you’ll be learning a valuable skill for future dinner parties. Plus you’ll be able to break the ice together when you’re done – literally!
- Do a virtual wine tasting: There are a host of companies that now offer their wine-tasting services online. La Fromagerie is just one example: this company has even added wine-and-cheese pairings to take its service to the next level. This is a wonderful way to try something new and enjoy an experience together, even if it is virtually.
- Plan a holiday: I mean, it might be a bit early to plan on taking an actual vacation together, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dream, right? There’s nothing wrong with creating a few fun hypothetical scenarios! Ask each other about dream travel destinations, and then you can use Google Earth (and lots of other sources) to find pictures, hotels, and experiences that you’d both enjoy. It’s a wonderful way to see how the other person would spend their chosen holiday – and see how compatible you are.
- Take virtual tours of your favourite places: One of the best things to come out of the last year is people’s desire to let their imagination run free online. Thousands of places have used technology to build up virtual tours of their destinations or experiences. Check out a museum, go on a safari to Africa, or watch the stars. The virtual world really is your oyster and with enough willingness, you can take your imagination anywhere.
- Have a games night: Ah! The good ol’ games night! Almost every game that we know and love can be played virtually. Check out our blog on Romantic Bingo ideas to start with. Whether you’re looking to play Pictionary, charades, or any other game that you’re a fan of (did we hear you cry “online bingo”?) – if there’s a will, there’s a way! You’ll certainly find countless online sites that have the games primed and ready for you to play.
No matter what you choose to do for your virtual date, just remember to relax, have a good time and be yourself – what could possibly go wrong?
EVERY NIGHT’S A DATE NIGHT WITH LUCKY PANTS BINGO
Rest assured that you have a date any day of the week with Lucky Pants Bingo. We keep it fresh and interesting by offering specials, bonuses and promotions on our variety of online bingo games. Whether you’re looking to stick to your guns and play traditional bingo, you want to switch it up and play Slingo Bingo, or you think it’s a slots kind of evening – this bingo site has got you covered. Sign up with us and get access to the best bingo games and more!