November 10, 2015
Favourite Holiday Destinations – As suggested by our Players
All summer in the Lucky Pants bingo rooms, you’ve been telling us about your dream holidays: holidays you’ve already been on in the past, and holidays you’d love to go on if money were no object – like if you were to win big on LuckyPantsBingo.com! We’ve compiled all your suggestions and stories in to a top 50 list mind blowing holiday destinations so that you can get inspired and start planning for when you snatch that big win…
1. Mauritius – One of the world’s top luxury tourism destinations. With its tropical climate, clear warm sea waters, attractive beaches, and multi-ethnic population that is friendly and welcoming, why wouldn’t it be? Sign us up!
2. Tokyo – join the hustle and bustle (and get lost!) in various downtowns, stores, and entertainment districts
3. Bermuda – beautiful, just watch out for that triangle!
4. Paris – the city of love and romance is surprisingly affordable these days whether by train, plane or channel tunnel
5. Blackpool – continues to delight our players with its unstoppable popularity as a major seaside resort.
6. Wales – particularly the capital, Cardiff. And Barry Island, courtesy of Gavin and Stacey?
7. Poland – an increasingly popular alternative holiday hotspot to its neighboring Germany & Czech Republic.
8. New York – major highlights include the Empire State Building, Ellis Island, Broadway theatre productions, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Washington Square Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the Bronx Zoo… the list goes on!
9. Canada – one for fans of outstanding natural beauty (and who isn’t?)
10. Ireland – ever-popular. Over 6.2 million people visited the country in 2011, that’s about 1.4 times Ireland’s population!
11. Egypt – the Pyramids of Giza are what draws you to Egypt, the all-inclusive deals keep you going back.
12. Dorset – rugged coastline and cosy country pubs, lovely!
13. Greece – attracts international visitors for its rich, long history and Mediterranean coastline and beaches.
14. Tenerife – the largest of the seven Canary Islands.
15. Los Cristianos – situated on the south coast of Tenerife, specifically named as a player favourite
16. Samos – a Greek island in the eastern Aegean Sea.
17. Sardinia – the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and an autonomous region of Italy.
18. Majorca – the largest Balearic Islands in Spain.
19. Ibiza – still a popular tourist destination, especially due to its legendary nightlife.
20. Malta – a solid holiday hotspot with 1.2 million tourists per year.
21. Minorca – its name derives from its smaller size, contrasting it with nearby Majorca.
22. Capri – Italian island loved by tourists, especially by day trippers from Naples and Sorrento.
23. Gozo – An island of the Maltese archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea.
24. Sicily – It’s sunny, dry climate, scenery, cuisine, history, and architecture attract many tourists from mainland Italy and abroad.
25. Rhodes – the largest of the Dodecanese islands, Greece
26. Seychelles – A 155 island country spanning an archipelago in the Indian Ocean.
27. Maldives – As of 2008, 89 resorts in the Maldives offered over 17,000 beds and hosted over 600,000 tourists annually.
28. Isle of Wight – a county and the largest island of England, often gets warmer weather than the rest of the UK as it’s so far south.
29. Mablethorpe – a small seaside town in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire.
30. Zante – a Greek island in the Ionian Sea.
31. Orlando – the Orlando area in the State of Florida is home to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando.
32. Corfu – Corfiotes have a long history of hospitality to foreign residents and visitors.
33. Mayotte – Located in the northern Mozambique Channel in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Southeast Africa.
34. Crete – one of the most popular holiday destinations in Greece.
35. Skegness – aka “Skeggy!” – a seaside town in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England
36. Barbados – another tropical paradise in the sun. Let’s go now!
37. Alaska – situated in the northwest extremity of the North American continent – pack for winter!
38. Queensland – the second-largest and third-most populous state in Australia.
39. Cyprus – large island in the Mediterranean. Warm seas and long nights…
40. South Africa – a country located at the southern tip of Africa.
41. Spain – land of sun, sea, paella and sangria, what more could you ask for?
42. Venice – celebrated for its art, architecture and canals.
43. China – known for the Great Wall, great food, and great people!
44. Amsterdam – one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, visit the Van Gogh Museum, or just take lazy strolls along the canals, bliss.
45. Dubai – shopping and luxury, luxury and shopping!
46. Las Vegas – Vegas Baby! Amazing casinos, hotels and Elvis-themed weddings
47. Turkey – friendly, beautiful and good value for money
48. Torquay – “Number 87, Torquay in Devon” – was always going to be popular with bingo players!
49. Thailand – Full moon parties, island hoping and Sangsom Whiskey, be careful it’s strrrrong!
50. India – Visit the Taj Mahal and sample one of the most diverse cuisines in the world – curry!
So pants fans, now you know where to go the next time you have a holiday break! A big thanks to all the roomies at Lucky Pants Bingo for sharing your experiences. Time to pack your lucky bikinis, bon voyage! x