April 4, 2016
Your Favourite Drinks
Top 50 Favourite Drinks
We recently saw some of you in the Lucky Pants Bingo chat rooms planning a drinks shopping list for a weekend BBQ – and it left us thirsty for more! So, we went in to survey-mode and asked everyone we saw which drinks they’d like to have in a virtual bar in the bingo lobby! Here are top 50 drinks that you’d choose to quench your thirst and keep your strength up for those wins. The drinks listed range from refreshing juices to intoxicating cocktails so everyone is accounted for… cheers!
Below are the top 50 drinks that you roomies reckon are great cool offs:
- Mojito – white rum, sugar cane juice, lime juice, sparkling water, and mint
- Iced Coke Slush – you’ve been beating the heat this summer with your own soda slushes at home, nice work!
- Vodka – with orange, coke, or tonic… just not neat!
- O.V.D Rum – a long-established dark Demerara rum, with a cult following
- Coke – classic, can’t go wrong
- Pepsi – some of you were adamant that Pepsi beats Coke – which do you prefer?
- Gin – aka Mother’s Ruin! A moreish spirit flavoured with juniper berries
- Malibu – the taste of Malibu rum is sunshine in a bottle… fresh coconut flavor with a sweet finish
- Pimms – a gin-based liquor made with fruit juice and spices – pour over strawberries, cucumber and ice
- Tea – fixes everything. Two sugars please!
- Castaway – wine cooler drink from the early 90′s
- Iced water – voted as best by the dieters
- Punch – a wide assortment of drinks containing fruit or fruit juice
- Blue WKD – stick out your blue tongues!
- Lager – ice cold from the fridge
- Coffee – hot and iced, you like it both ways
- Red Wine – good to take to a friend’s house as it’s doesn’t need to be kept cool
- Jack Daniels – American whiskey that gets you dancing… then snoring!
- White Wine Spritzer – a simple mix that makes any white wine sparkle
- Baileys – Irish whiskey and cream liqueur, good in puddings too!
- Diet coke – delicious crisp taste of coke with no calories for the slimmers
- Cappuccino – prepared with espresso, hot milk, and steamed-milk foam – and don’t forget the chocolate sprinkles!
- Pina Colada – a sweet and tasty cocktail made with rum, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice
- Brandy – not just for Christmas pud!
- Orange Juice – by squeezing fresh oranges, or out of a carton – you like it both ways
- Bacardi – Superior White Rum, ooo la la!
- Liquor Coffee with Brandy - may be served in a special liqueur coffee glass, often with cream and sugar
- Lemonade – the cloudy type takes us back to our childhood, yum
- Strongbow – a dry cider, now in berry flavours too
- Ice Cream Soda – special treat, and can be made with any flavor syrup, or ice cream
- Irn-Bru – a Scottish carbonated soft drink, often described as “Scotland’s other national drink”
- Martini – a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Shaken, not stirred?
- Southern Comfort – an American liqueur made from neutral spirits with fruit, spice and whiskey flavoring
- Sambuca – an Italian anise-flavoured liqueur. A bit like marmite – you either love it or you hate it!
- Amarula – a cream liqueur from South Africa made with sugar, cream and the fruit of the African marula tree, delicious.
- Absolute Vodka – a brand of vodka produced in Sweden
- Smirnoff Vodka – Pure, clean and ultra-smooth
- Red Label Whisky – renowned for its bold and exquisite taste
- Margarita – a cocktail consisting of tequila, triple sec and lime or lemon juice
- Sangria – wine, chopped fruit, and a small (yeah right!) amount of added brandy
- Jello Shots – a simple and popular party shooter with set, flavored Jelly that is most commonly spiked with vodka. Naughty roomies!
- Long Island Iced Tea – alcoholic mixed drink made with vodka, gin, tequila and rum. Not for the faint hearted!
- Cosmopolitan – made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed or sweetened lime juice. Made famous by the Sex and The City ladies of course!
- Tequila Sunrise – tequila, crème de cassis, lime juice and soda water
- Squash – blackcurrant and apple is your top choice
- Sazerac – a local New Orleans variation of a Cognac or whiskey cocktail
- El Bigote – with cinnamon bark syrup and chocolatey bitters
- Cherry Oh Baby – Red stag black cherry bourbon, Marashino, angustora bitters, lime and pineapple juices served short on a layer of cherry syrup
- Cranberry Juice – dry and refreshing… and great with vodka!
- Jägermeister – herbal liquor that will knock your socks off! Especially in the form of a “Jägerbomb” – with Red Bull… yikes!
Well, we must dash guys – you’ve put us in the mood to hit the virtual lobby bar! See you there, stay hydrated and don’t do anything we wouldn’t do… <hic!>